October 12, 2015

Belle's Story

Belle's Story

Hi, I'm Belle.  I live here with Mom and Dad and the rest of the orphans. This is me from just a couple days ago. 


I wasn't always so warm and safe.  In fact, when Mom and Dad found me, I wasn't sure just how long I had left.  I was cold and alone, and living off trash people threw out of their cars.  I was scared of people, and wouldn't let anyone get near me.  It took Mom, Dad and the Animal Control Officer hours of chasing me around to finally get close enough to pick me up.  I growled and barked and acted really mean, but I wasn't, I was just scared.  The people that I ran away from were bad people, and I'd never had anyone be nice to me.  As soon as they picked me up though,  I was sweet as could be. (they had treats) I never growled again. 

This is me on my first night home – Home, I never had a real one before.



That was almost four years ago. I still get scared of strangers.  I don't like loud noises and I'm petrified of guns (even the paintball kind). But I'm healthy, and happy and I'm never cold or hungry.  I'll probably always be scared of some things, but Mom and Dad are always there to make me feel safe.  


I have brothers and sisters that I really like, even if some of the cats don't like me to much. 




Thanks everybody for letting me tell my story.  This was fun!

Hugs and Kisses, 
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment